Lessons are now available over skype, a free internet calling service. These lessons work in a very similar way to normal in person lessons and all you need is a good microphone and camera set up on your computer. For more information please contact us. We are very excited to be able to offer this service as it means you can have lessons from wherever you are! Lessons in person are always better where possible, but if travelling is difficult for you then here is the answer.
Whether it is to work on performance, musical theatre, or vocal technique, LJC Vocal Studios can help your group, school or choir. Please contact us with details of your requirements.
Know someone who loves singing? Then why not buy them some lessons as a present! Here at LJC Vocal Studios we have gift vouchers for any occasion, so why not give that special someone a gift they won't forget. Gift vouchers can be bought for half hour lessons at £35 per voucher, or full hour lessons at £50 per voucher. If you need any more information just contact us.
What will you get from lessons?
Here at LJC Vocal Studios we can guarantee you that in your first lesson you'll get training that you won't find anywhere else in York including:
- A personalised vocal diagnosis in the first 5 minutes of your first lesson, so you know exactly where your voice is at and why, on a musical and functional level.
- A tailored vocal workout that directly deals with whatever is going on in your voice.
- Tactically designed exercises that will give you maximum benefit for your voice type.
- New tailored workouts every lesson based on how your voice advances from previous lessons and workouts.
- A constantly growing vocal development plan that is specific to your goals, that will guide you in your vocal development and keep you on track towards your goals.
- Time to work on and troubleshoot tricky songs that you want to be able to sing
- Open access to tips and tricks to help you through the troublesome areas of your voice, and to further your own artistic voice.
Here at LJC Vocal Studios we can't wait to help you to navigate your voice and develop your skills. So contact us now to get your voice to it's optimum performance standard.
Lessons with Lucy are currently priced as follows:
1 hour lesson £50
1/2 hour lesson £35
4 x hour lessons £180 (10% off)
Terms & Conditions
We've just brought in some new T&C's to make sure the Studio is running as smoothly as possible.
The following applies when you book a lesson:
1. Booking - Once a lesson slot is booked, advance payment must be received within 2 days of the day on which booking was performed in order to secure that lesson slot. If payment is not received by such time, that lesson slot will re-open to others for booking. Please note lesson fees are non-refundable.
2. Payment - Payment can be made in person by cash, by BACS (sort code: 60-24-62, Account: 16054636), or online via Paypal.
3. Cancellation/Rescheduling - To cancel or reschedule a lesson, the student must contact or call or leave a voice mail on 07590324826 to confirm a rescheduling. Adequate notice (see item 4) must be given otherwise the lesson will be forfeit. Rescheduling must be performed within the rescheduling period (see item 5) otherwise the lesson will be forfeit.
4. Adequate notice – This must be received at least 48 hours before the day on which the lesson slot was booked.
5. Rescheduling period - If a lesson is to be rescheduled, the student will be provided with a selection of alternative options. If the student does not confirm the originally scheduled lesson or one of the alternative options as suitable within 2 days of the selection being provided, the lesson will be forfeit.
Please be aware that lessons may occasionally need to be rescheduled by the teacher. Lessons that need to be rescheduled can be booked to a new time that is mutually convenient.
6. Timing - Teaching ends a few minutes before the end of the lesson to allow for conclusion of the lesson.
7. Attendance - Please try not to arrive earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled lesson to avoid disruption of the previous lesson.
8. Lateness/Failure to attend – If you arrive late, your lesson will still end at the scheduled time. Such loss of time will not be made up at another time. If you miss your lesson slot entirely it will not be rescheduled or refunded.
9. Lesson Expiry - Individual lessons on account will be considered expired if not used within 1 month of receipt of payment for that lesson. Package lessons on account will be considered expired if not used within 3 months of receipt of payment for that package.
10. Discretion - Discretion is held to waive any or all of the above stipulations in exceptional circumstances.